Friday 9 September 2011

The arrival of my beautiful new Raspberry Ice Kitchenaid and a recipe for easy mashed potato KA style!

The arrival of my beautiful new Raspberry Ice Kitchenaid and a recipe for easy mashed potato KA style!

After drooling over Kitchenaids on all of the cookery shows I seem to watch I have finally ordered and received mine! Im so glad I waited because a few months ago I thought that I would get the Cranberry colour which didn't look as pink as I'd like it to and when I checked last week I saw that the relatively new Raspberry Ice colour was available in the UK and I just had to have it! Ive got so many ideas of what to make in it but I christened my new KA by doing a yummy mashed potato in it as I didn't have much time to be baking last night I found a recipe which enables me to use my new favourite toy whilst doing what I was already doing. The mash turned out beautifully creamy and soft with no lumps - perfect!! Now hopefully at the weekend I can finally bake a loaf of bread or make a lovely batch of cupcakes! yummy!!

Here is my beautiful Pinky all settled in and sitting proudly in our tiny kitchen!



Recipe for the mashed potato using the Kitchenaid or other stand mixer.

Ingredients
5 large potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds), peeled, quartered and boiled
1/2 cup low-fat milk, heated
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper


Preparation
1. Warm mixer bowl and flat beater with hot water; dry. Place hot potatoes in bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to the KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Gradually turn to Speed 2 and mix until smooth, about 1 minute.

2. Add all remaining ingredients. Turn to Speed 4 and beat until milk is absorbed, about 30 seconds. Gradually turn to Speed 6 and beat until fluffy, about 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl. Exchange flat beater for wire whip. Turn to Speed 10 and whip 2 to 3 minutes.

Mine did splash a bit so that might be because it was my first time using the mixer but be sure to put your splash guard on! :)

Please leave a comment and tell me your favourite mixer recipes...I need ideas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...