Friday 26 August 2011

Vodka Jelly!

Vodka Jelly!

Helloooo there!

So as its nearly the bank holiday weekend and I thought I would add the recipe I use when I make yummy vodka jellies...Perhaps if you get time over the weekend you can try them out. I try and make them when we have people round because its something a bit different and everyone seems to like them! Usually I put the mixture into shot glasses but I have found that its hard to get the jelly out and this time I used a mixture of silicone bakeware which worked great....I also used my little rose moulds for the first time too - check out the perfect roses that I got out of the jelly mould! I was soooooo happy :)


Ingredients:


Fruit jelly (choose your flavour preference - Strawberry, Rasberry,
Orange or Lime work well - I usually use the powder type)
Vodka (cheap or quality brand Vodka, either will do)
Boiled Water
Cold Water


How to make Vodka Jelly


Mix the jelly as recomended on the packaging but only using 3/4 or 75%
of the recommended liquid.


Example


If a pint of water is recomended then follow this process to make your Vodka Jelly.
1) Boil 1/4 pint of water and mix the jelly in a bowl.

2) Add 1/4 pint of Vodka to 1/4 pint of cold water in a container.
Let the jelly mix cool slightly before pouring in the Vodka and cold water.(this is to prevent the alcohol evaporating)

3) Pour the finished Vodka Jelly mix into your chosen containers.
Containers can be ice cube containers, shot glasses, paper cups, ice cube bags or this time I used silicone bakeware.

4) The container needs to be placed into the fridge to set. The time to set Vodka Jelly will depend on your fridge temerature, the amount of vodka in the Vodka Jelly, and the size of the containers. Ideally it is best letting the Vodka Jelly set overnight or at least a few hours.



Have a look at my lovely vodka jellies...















Have fun trying this out & please take care making and drinking vodka jelly - it is very potent !!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...