Monday 13 June 2011

Corn Flake Muffins

Corn Flake Muffins

Last week I decided that skipping breakfast all the time was not the way forward and just having a cereal bar for breakfast seemed very boring so I decided to have a look at making some breakfast muffins and I found a lovely recipe for cornflake muffins. I had a box of cornflakes in the cupboard which very rarely came out so saw this as the perfect opportunity to use some of them up! I dont think ive ever baked with cereal so I was interested in giving it a try and the result was 12 lovely cornflake muffins perfect for breakfast which can also be frozen to stop them from going bad if your the only one eating them :)

If your also bored of what your having for breakfast give these a go...


(12 servings)


1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups corn flakes
1 and 1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/3 cup vegetable oil

1) Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Set aside.

2) Stir corn flakes and milk together in a seperate large mixing bowl. Let stand about 2 minutes until cereal is softened. Add egg and oil to this mixture. Beat well. Add flour mixture to wet mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion butter evenly into 12 lightly greased muffin cases or muffin baking tray (I used silicone cases on a flat tray and it worked fine.. no spillage)

3) Bake at 200 degrees celsius for around 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or leave to cool down and then freeze any that won't be eaten within 2 days.



I forgot to take pictures while I was preparing the mixture but I think that was mainly because of how quickly I had the mixture in the muffin cases ready to be baked!

I do however have a couple before and after shots below...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...