Thursday 23 June 2011

Light Omelette with Chives & Potatoes

Light Omelette with Chives & Potatoes

Hi Everyone,
I hope your having a fab week! This week I was on the hunt for a new lunch recipe because I was getting totally bored of taking my ham sandwiches to work and after a weekend of visiting the Food Fayre and going to the Good Food Show I just had food on the mind and felt hungry all the time and the boring old sandwich was just not filling me up! I decided to have a mooch through The Italian Diet (aka The I-Diet) the 2010 cookbook by Gino D'Acampo to get some ideas for a nice low calorie lunch to bring in for the next few days :)



This potato omelette is perfect for lunches or a light snack and its very easy to do with only a few ingredients and if you dont have the I-diet book then I definitely recommend getting it as it is full of all kinds of yummy low calorie Italian recipes from breakfast ideas, lunch, soups & salads, antipasti, pasta, pizzas, risotto, fish, meat & desserts! All this for under ten pounds....There are also used copies of this book on Amazon for less than a fiver! BARGAIN!

So here goes......

3x Large Potatoes (peeled and finely sliced)
1x Onion (finely sliced)
5x Eggs
Chopped Chives (I used dried coriander as I didn't have any chives)
Salt & Ground Black Pepper
3x Tbls of Olive Oil (I used fry light to lower the calories even more)

1) Preheat your oven to 170c/325F/gas mark 3 whilst you arrange the slices of potatoes onto a baking tray. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of olive oil (or spray them with fry light) season and bake for 15mins.

2) Select an ovenproof frying pan approx 20cm diameter and 4cm deep and chop up the onion to fry in the remaining Olive Oil for 5 minutes while the potatoes are baking. In a bowl whisk the 5 eggs together and add the chopped chives to this mixture ready to pour over the potatoes and onions.

3) When the potatoes have done the 15mins layer them with the onions in the frying pan and when this is done pour the egg mixture over the potatoes, season and transfer the pan to the oven to cook for a further 30 minutes.

Take it out and slice it into wedges! :) This is delicious hot or cold.

My pictures aren't great but it gives you a general idea of what you will end up with - It does taste much better than it looks in my pic's and could easily be adapted with whichever flavours you wanted. Next time I may add some peppers and tomoatoes into it.





I turned my omelette out on a plate and then cut it into wedges.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...